Saturday, February 21, 2009

Blog silence...

...has been caused by silence in real life. Much to my chagrin and family's delight, I dislocated my jaw. My family doesn't like to see me in pain, but I think they like the "it hurts to talk" part of it just fine.

I'm on the mend. I'll be able to chew in another 3-4 weeks but will resume quilty posts tomorrow.

First, something near and dear to my heart: a recipe for soup. Soup is good. I can eat soup.

Lentil Soup

1 pound dried lentils
1 t minced garlic
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 cup minced carrots
1/2 cup minced celery
4 vegetable bouillon cubes
6-8 cups water.

Make sure the veggies are cut really, really small (so I can eat them without chewing). Then throw it all in the crock pot and cook all day. Serve with crusty bread (that I can't eat for about a month) and a nice salad (ditto).

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

Thanks for sharing. Hope you fell better real soon.

I amke 16 bean soup in the crock pot

1 bag soup mix
1 packet onion soup
1 onion diced
water or broth (more if you like it soupy, less if you like it think)
Cook it in the crock pot all day. (low for 12 hours)
This is going in my pot tomorrow morning before work. Hubby has to find the bag of beans - I know he bought a bag, he just didn't put it away....