Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Stop, Drop and Roll Quilt Along, part 2

So how did you like last week's block directions? Did you make any blocks?

This week we are going to put the blocks together into the quilt.

Again, it has yet to stop raining here in New York, so the photos were taken inside and are full of shadows. I am explaining but not complaining, as my heart goes out to the latest victims of the series of heartbreaking tornadoes in the United States.

Instructions:

Lay out your blocks in 5 rows of 5 blocks.

Sew the 5 blocks from the first row together, alternating the long borders so no seams match.


Sew 5 rows together, alternating the blocks so only the corners have matching seams.


Helpful hint:

Press the seams from your first row in one direction (left) and the seams from the second row in the other direction (right). When you join your rows together, your seams will line up nicely.

2 comments:

grendelskin said...

Thank you Debby! I finally have my blocks on the wall and a pic to share with the group; and the sun came out this morning so I could get a halfway decent shot too, ain't that grand?

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

My blocks are sewn but still need to be trimmed but I'm ready to go. Thanks for posting part 2.