Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hot off the Presses!

Have you seen the latest issue of Fat Quarterly? I just did and had to run straight to my sewing machine to make one of the projects -- the Spool Block Makeover by John Kubiniec. (hint: it is on page 81).


John's pattern was for a quilt, but my schedule today didn't permit for that big of an impulse-sew (is that a real thing?). I decided to make a placemat instead. My mom, she-who-can-never-have-enough-taberunners, has decided that she can not have enough placemats, either. OK, Mom, I got the hint. I decided to put a section of the border on one side of the block to make the placemat.


Is this not a great block? Will it not be a cute placemat?

Run to your computer and buy the Fat Quarterly, then run to your sewing machine and make this block. It is too cute to resist!

2 comments:

Diane said...

that is really cute!

Unknown said...

Debby - great interpretation of the block and adaptation of the pattern!