Monday, August 28, 2017

On the Road: Birmingham

I recently taught Simply Sixteen classes in the Pinhole Quilting stand at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, UK.  Due to a packed schedule and limited internet access, I couldn't show you all of the wonders of this trip in real time.  Please enjoy some delayed posts about a FABULOUS trip!

When I was in Birmingham, Super-Hubby and I stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast in Hampton in Arden.

Beauty was in every detail:


 I want this wainscoating in my house!


My 1970s house in New York has none of these beautiful touches:


Why can't I be served breakfast here EVERY DAY?


Did I mention charming touches?


And beautiful details everywhere?


 The owners should be glad that this chandelier wouldn't fit into my carry-on luggage:


So, my time at the show was wonderful but my time away from the show was wonderful, too!

Are you jealous of my job?  Because I'm pretty sure I have the best job in the whole world!

2 comments:

www.pinholequilting.co.uk said...

Wow your B&B looks even better than their website. It was absolutely fantastic to work with you at the show. Knowledge, skill and humour in abundance! Thank you so much!

Pamela Arbour said...

I am sure that you saw all of those FMQ designs in those pictures you took!