Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Postcard Edging Tutorial

Last week I shared a tutorial on how to assemble a postcard, but I wasn't specific on how to stitch the edging.  Folks have messaged me asking about it so I shall oblige.

First, I set Hedwig's (my HQ Stitch 710 machine's) tension to zero so that the top thread wraps all of the way around the edge and very little bobbin thread shows:


I set the zig-zag stitch to 4.5mm wide and .4mm long:


I use my even-feed foot and stitch along all edges of the postcard:


I like to stitch around my card twice to make it thicker and fuller because I think once is not enough:


For the second round, I set the zigzag to 5.0mm wide and .2mm long:


I stitch all of the way around again, cut the thread, and secure the edge using Fray Check:


Once I'm done with the edging, I pop the postcard in an envelope and spread a little love through the mail.

2 comments:

Crystal_235 said...

Thank you!

Crystal_235 said...

How much postage do you put on these? Do they cost extra to mail?