Thursday, February 06, 2020

Choosing Background Fabrics

Choosing background fabrics can be tricky.  I have a new red and white print Cutie Collection (16 coordinating fat eighths) in my shop and I want to make a Squared Away Cutie Quilt with them.

But....

Which background should I choose?


The problem is, I like all of the choices.  Yellow is so bright.  White is so crisp.  Black is so stark.  Khaki is a muted choice.

I have another infusion treatment next week and will be Wide Awake from the IV steroids that accompany it.  I want to pre-cut this quilt to piece during my recovery time.

Which would you choose?

9 comments:

Cindy Nile said...

I would choose white.

Beth Timms said...

i would choose white

Celeste said...

White

Brenda said...

I would choose Black. Black will pop all the red and white fabrics. I do like the white background too as it will make the red pop.... I really like using black for backgrounds. Sooo. Half of my quilts are black background and the other half are White. Lol!

Daisygirl said...

I would choose black. It makes the red and white pop.

Pamela Arbour said...

I would choose white or khaki but I would probably feel safer with white.

RA said...

White would be perfect, IMO

Karen said...

Yellow! It would make a great picnic quilt. Second choice is white...love 2 color quilts.

Barbara Campbell said...

Love red and white quilts