Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Longarm Tuesday

I think it's time to spill the beans. I bought a new longarm machine, the Handi Quilter Fusion. It was delivered in August:

I assembled it and have been on the road ever since.

After I got home from Houston last week, I finally had time to play with my new baby. I am so in love with this machine! It loves threads!

Threads like Glitter:



And threads like Rainbows:



It also has a stitch regulator (actually two!) and is so easy to control.

I just finished sample fora The Quilt Basket. They gave me permission to post it here:
Cathy is such a precise piecer. Look at all of those points!!!

Feathers:
Inner borders:

Hard to see, but detailed quilting of the border fabric:


Please check out the Quilt Basket and their blog.

9 comments:

Fiona @ Forty said...

absolutely beautiful!

Christy said...

Must. Know. Where. To. Get. Glitter! :) Who makes it. I'm sure I will google this too :)

Unknown said...

All I can say is WOW - can you teach me how to do that?

Unknown said...

Sensational, Debby. Can you teach John how to do that? Please!

Pat said...

WOW, you were able to do that kind of work right off???!!! Did you freehand or was it marked?

Deb said...

That is beautiful - I especially love how the border is quilted! Wonderful job!

Alycia said...

Oh My - what lovely lovely quilting!!

Diane said...

Oh man I don't know what I'm drooling more over, your gorgeous quilting or the fact that you have a Fusion.

Kim said...

10,000 hours from now I might be able to do that :0) too.
It is amazing Debby even better than what you described....Wow....
I hope you have many happy hours on your new Fusion!

Happy Sewing