Tuesday, June 19, 2012

It's a Good News / Bad News sort of day


Good News:  I am home for a few days!  I have done some laundry, cooked some meals, quilted some quilts, and am aggressively cleaning my office.  Today I had to run to the Quilt Basket to drop off one quilt and pick up another, but...

Bad News: I couldn't find my car keys.  This is unusual for me.  My keys go on my key hook.  They always have, but apparently they did not this time.  I looked and looked and looked.  I knew they were here because I drove here and the car was still in the garage.  I thought back to the last time I had my keys in my hand.  Hmmm, I went back to my car to get a CD out of the player and the car has to be on to do that, so...  Oh, yeah!  When I took out the CD, I also took out my old broken GPS so I could throw it away.  I threw it away in my husband's office after I asked him if there was any use in saving it.  Did I throw my keys away?  Oh no!  What if my husband already emptied the trash?

Good News:  My husband hadn't emptied that trash can yet.  Yay!!!  Let me just check in the bottom of the trash...

Bad News:  Apparently a picture frame broke while I was away and the glass broke too.  So there were large sheets of broken glass in the trash can.  As you may have guessed, I cut myself.  Rather, the glass cut the side of a finger open.  I believe if you are going to do something you should do it well, so I did a pretty good job of cutting myself.   Once I wrapped a towel around my finger, I discovered...

Good News:  The keys WERE in the trash can!  Yay!  Now I can go to the Quilt Basket.  But...

Bad News:  My finger is still bleeding and should be tended.  Let me check and see what first aid supplies I have on hand.

Good News:  I have Hello Kitty Band-Aids!


I love a story with a happy ending, don't you?

2 comments:

Leeanne said...

I'm glad it was a happy ending! Yikes keys in the trash...not so good.

Kim said...

You need some down time!
Hope the finger is not too painful.

Happy Sewing