Sunday, May 18, 2014

Hotel Tour of 2014 -- night 44

I checked into Casa de Mom tonight.

After Quilt Market closed, I went out to dinner with some of my local relatives.  They ordered "salad."  This is what salad looks like in Pittsburgh:


There may be a leaf of lettuce or two under those fries, fried chicken and melted cheese...  If you see "Pittsburgh Salad" on a menu, this is what they are talking about.

The waiter asked if we would like to try "Ho Ho Cake."  For the uninformed, HoHos are plastic encased chocolate cupcakes and this restaurant makes a special cake that imitates it.

I didn't remember to take a photo of the cake before we started eating it:


All five of us declared it HoHo-ish and delicious.

1 comment:

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

I guess no one liked the whipped cream :)))