Monday, February 23, 2015

Quilt of the week -- a mini-quilt pillow

Oh, Pat Sloan.  That woman gets me into so much trouble!

It all started when Pat began posting about the Aurifil mini quilt series for 2015.  Gudrun Erla designed January's quilt.  I've been a huge fan of her work for years!  I tried to resist, really I did, but the pull of the pretty little quilts was too strong for me.

I downloaded the pattern, pulled out some American Made Brand solids, and began piecing:


I loved it!  So I cut and sewed some more:


That was cute, so I kept going:


Eventually, the entire top was complete!


I chose a few of my favorite quilting designs (ribbon candy, continuous curve, and swirls) and started quilting with red thread on the red fabric:


I quilted those same three quilting designs with white thread on the white fabric:


Since I don't have a need for a mini quilt.  I decided instead to make a 20-inch pillow:


I adapted the Complete Your Suite pillow pattern to get a 20-inch pillow with a flange.

I have to fly to Seattle tomorrow to teach at a show in Puyallup, WA but I will start the February mini quilt as soon as I get home!!!

5 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a beautiful pillow that turned out to be!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work...where do you find the time in your busy traveling world?

Angie in SoCal said...

Turned out great, Debby!

Bonnie said...

OMG -- that little quilt turned pillow is fabulous. I am being strong and NOT starting anything new for a bit longer. But I'm checking out the pillow pattern soon. I've got fab to make some for the beach house.