Monday, August 03, 2015

Quilt Pic of the Week: for Olivia

I love my children equally, but I really do have a favorite quilt pattern:  Squared Away.  I've designed many patterns over the years, but I'm fairly obsessed with this one lately.

When I was asked to make a quilt for my niece's "big girl bed," I said a quick YES! because I'm the coolest Auntie ever.  I knew that I had a pack of Riley Blake Lazy Day fabric that would make a great Squared Away quilt.  I set to work and had the quilt done a full month before her birthday:


I made this quilt with 48 blocks instead of the pattern's suggested 30/64.  I also added a border to make this quilt 69x90.

Once the front was taken care of, I ran to the Quilt Basket to buy my backing fabric.  When I saw this fabric, I knew that paying for a full-priced backing, usually something I avoid, was well worth the cost:


Like I said, Coolest Auntie Ever!

In case you doubt my love for my Squared Away pattern, allow me to show you a few other Squared Away quilts I have made.

In American Made Brand solids:


In scrappy Halloween prints:


In leftover Fig Tree & Co. fabrics:


What fabrics would you use with this pattern?

No comments: