Monday, August 10, 2015

Quilt Pic of the Week: Majestic Sunrise

I am enjoying my More or Less quilt project and watching my quilting design evolve from quilt to quilt.   This quilt features a spool of Majestic Sunrise, a FabuLux thread.  I was tickled to have designed 40 colors for this yet-to-be-released thread line from WonderFil.

I started with three simple strips of black, red, and white fabric.  The first stitching, naturally, was the ribbon candy in the red stripe:


I stitched one-quarter inch outside the red stripe to frame the design:


Next I stitched a wave:


Then I stitched swirls and echoed them using my quarter-inch foot as a guide:


Pebble power!


What quilter doesn't love some diamonds?


It needed more Ribbon Candy:


My More or Less: Majestic Sunrise quilt is complete:


So how was this different than the last More or Less Quilt?

In The Pinks was vertical:


Majestic Sunrise was horizontal:


Watch the full explanation here:



I'm ready for my next More or Less quilt:


The new FabuLux thread is called First Love and I'm so excited to use it!  What changes should I make in this quilt?

1 comment:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Gorgeous!!!!! I have a problem quilting straight lines...lol. Especially in the ditch, have to get in some practice with s ruler!!!!