Monday, April 18, 2016

Floating Squares -- Crowdsourced Quilting

I had trouble deciding which thread and binding to use on my Floating Squares quilt, so I enlisted the support of the quilting community.  I asked; you answered.  

I chose to use Hint of Lime FabuLux:

I liked that it was a shade duller than the quilt fabric.  I didn't want the thread to over-power the already powerfully bright quilting fabric.

Here it is:


I listened to binding suggestions, too, and chose to frame my quilt in black binding.

I quilted a simple swirl pattern over the quilt, just to give it texture.  I love using tonal variegated threads; they quilt lik solids but if you look closely you can see a richness as the color deepens:


This quilt is going to a new(ish) baby in the family.  If he gets it before his first birthday, that's on time, right?

1 comment:

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Beautiful, happy quilt!! And your timing sounds perfect! He will cherish it a long time!