Thursday, April 07, 2016

Who Could Resist?

I saw Lori Holt's Bloom Sew Along and I swore I wouldn't make it.  I promised myself I would finish up some of my UFOs instead of starting any new projects.  I was firm in my resolve.  Then this happened:

My friend and I are on this Bloom journey together.  She is making her quilt from Lori Holt's Calico Days fabrics.  I am making mine from my stash because... boy do I have a fabric collection!  I am hand appliqueing mine and absolutely LOVING using InvisiFil threads for hand applique.  They are strong and thin and disappear making my applique look better than it deserves to.  They blend really well so I could probably get by with only 10 colors, but I kind of have them all.  It's how I roll.

Have you given in to the Bloom Sew Along?  Which fabrics are you using?

No comments: