Thursday, June 20, 2019

A Tisket, A Tasket. I made a BASKET!

I make no secret of my love of all things Me and My Sister.*  I love their fabrics, their patterns, and them!

After Quilt Market, I received a care package in the mail from my favorite sisters.  Included was the pattern for this lovely basket:


The pattern calls for two fat quarters of fabric.  On Father's Day, I went through a pile of hubby's discarded clothing (worn cuffs and collars), cut them up, and made this manly basket!

I made the ties from long strips of one of my husband's shirts.  I sewed them together and needed to turn them inside out.  Sue O'Very's EZ Point and Turner Tool to the rescue!


I threaded the inside out tie onto one side of the tool, then slipped it inside out onto the other side of the tool:


Voila!


I need this basket in my life.  In every fabric I own.  Can you see yourself delivering gifts in this?  Or packing a lunch?  Or cookies?  OR CAKE??!!??!?!?!?

Check out A Tisket A Tasket basket pattern.
_____
*In case you doubt my love for all things Me and My Sister, check out
this quilt

or this quilt

or this quilt

how about this quilt


No comments: