Thursday, October 17, 2024

Picnic Patch Cutie Pattern -- New Video in "As the Bobbin Turns"

  I design Cutie Patterns and one that I wish I designed is Picnic Patch.



As with all Cutie Patterns, this quilt uses sixteen (16) fat eighths plus extras -- background, borders, binding.  I've made at least 20 Picnic Patch quilts as my standard wedding quilt.  I've quilted each and every one of them with wool batting and ribbon candy in the sashing.  The contrast between the quilted ribbon candy and the loft of the unquilted fabric and wool batting is stunning.  It's also super-fun for me to quilt.

While most of my wedding quilts feature feathers, this pink quilt gave the "little girl" vibe rather than the "wedding" vibe so I chose to feature posies instead of feathers in this quilt.


I used one of my favorite threads -- Pansy -- to quilt this quilt and the experience was pure bliss!  (I'm kind of a pink girl.)


I carried the posy pattern to the border.  Every stitch of this quilt was free-motion quilted on my home machine and this type of quilt just FLOWS!

Join other As the Bobbin Turns subscribers to watch how I quilted this new-for-me quilting technique.

_____

Picnic Patch Cutie Pattern
Wool Batting

Pansy 50-weight Cotton Tutti thread
Dusty Rose 80-weight polyester DecoBob thread
Batt Scooters
Ribbon Candy Stencils
Centering Stencil -- Machine Quilting Guide
Blue Pounce
1/4" quilt masking tape

No comments: