Friday, October 04, 2024

Sweet Tooth Cutie Quilt -- New Video in "As the Bobbin Turns"

 I design Cutie Patterns and one of my patterns is Sweet Tooth.


As with all Cutie Patterns, this quilt uses (16) fat eighths plus extras -- background, borders, binding.  I've made 30-40 of these quilts (I've totally lost track) and quilted each and every one of them with wool batting and ribbon candy in the background.  The contrast between the quilted ribbon candy and the loft of the unquilted fabric and wool batting is stunning.  It's also super-fun for me to quilt.

I had a weird-for-me idea.  "What if I quilted Sweet Tooth and DID NOT use ribbon candy?"  After I pinched myself a few times to make sure I was awake, the idea took hold and I grabbed my basted quilt and walking foot and started stitching.


This quilt turned out even better than I had imagined!  I sent a picture of it to my daughter and she instantly pick up on the quilting.  "I really like that wavy checkerboard on the quilt!"  I agree with her!


Join other As the Bobbin Turns subscribers to watch how I quilted this new-for-me quilting technique.

_____

Sweet Tooth Cutie Pattern

Stone 50-weight cotton Tutti thread

Dove Grey 80-weight polyester DecoBob thread

Batt Scooters

No comments: