Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Finish -- Quilt of Valor

When I fall in love with a pattern, I make it again and again and again. Obviously, I fell in love with Splash because I just finished another one:



I used a bunch of my blue 2 1/2" scraps, but there are still more! The backing was from a pile of fabric a friend "donated" to me. She shoved over 50 yards of fabric in a bag and made me take it home. Fortunately, that was last year and it doesn't count against my stash reducing efforts this year!

I am teaching a class on feathers and am using this as a sample today. Feathers in a block:


Feathers in a border:



I am going to get back at my fabric-donating friend. She doesn't know this yet, but I am going to shove this quilt in a bag and drop it off at her house so she can label it and make a pillowcase and then we can donate it to Quilts of Valor. And since she's a really good friend, I know that she honestly won't mind.

Check out what others have Finished for Friday!

2 comments:

Kim said...

hmmmmmmm now who could that be?
But do come in for Tea Dear no reason to drop and run :0)

Happy Sewing

Connie said...

Your feathers class yesterday was such fun! I really enjoyed seeing all your example quilts.
thanks!
Connie in VA