Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hotel Tour of 2014 -- day 6

What a great day!  I had a full class today for a full day of free-motion quilting.  The students' smiles are the reason why I do what I do.

I had dinner with a bunch of teachers from the show and met many others at the Teacher Reception tonight.

A fun detail from my hotel room:

I have to put my room keycard in the slot to turn on the lights in my room.  When I leave and take the key with me, the power to the lights goes out.

I saw this in a hotel room in Russia, but never in the States.  I love this and want this for my house!  


Eileen said...

That key holder is very interesting. Leave it to California to have this before other states.
Nice to read you're having a good time.
It is so freakin' cold here!

pamrquilt said...

We have had this feature in Australia for many years. I am surprised it is not more common in the US. it can be a bit frustrating if your hands are full and it's dark! Enjoy the warmer weather and, of course, the quilting!