Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Extra, Extra! Read All About It!

I have news!


Last winter, I spent several weeks working on a hush-hush quilting project.  My Handi Quilter educator friends and I tackled antique quilt tops and quilted them with a modern flavor.  McCall's put them together in a special issue:


It is available on newsstands today!  If you can't find it at a newsstand, you can buy it online here.

Do you like the red and yellow flower quilt on the cover?  Yes?  Thank you!  That is one of mine!  Do you want to see a photo of the full quilt?  Here you go:


I quilted another quilt in this issue as well:


These were unquilted antique quilts and they had some "issues."  I must admit that all of my feelings towards them were not warm and fuzzy while I was working on them.  Six months later, however, I've forgiven them for their shortcomings such as bulging blocks, popped seams, and wavy edges.   I now love them and can't wait to see them in person again!

2 comments:

LiahonaGirl said...

I love all of the quilts in this special issue, but Kansas in August is one of my favorites! I love how you quilted the on-point quilt such that it looks like alternate-set blocks. Great job by all of the HQ educators!

Kim said...

Oh wow what a project!
Can't wait to see them.

Happy Sewing