Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Jinny Beyer Pine Needle Basket

The April block for Craftsy's Jinny Beyer block of the month was called Pine Needle Basket.

New for this month's block was Paper-Piecing.  Have you ever taken a paper-piecing class from me?  No?  Well, there's a good reason for that.  I don't DO paper-piecing!  I guess I do now!

I am piecing this entire quilt with DecoBob from WonderFil.  It's an 80 weight poly thread and pieces like a secret!  I worried that the thread wouldn't withstand the "rip out the paper" part of this process, but I didn't pop a single stitch!

I am piecing on my Janome 6600 and never have I ever used the scissor button before.  I just discovered that the scissor button was designed for paper-piecing.  It is ah-ma-zing!

So, here's my block:


Once again, Jinny gave me the option to add applique flowers to this block and, once again, I am declining her thoughtful invitation.  This shall remain a basket empty of flowers.

What new skill might I learn with the next block?

No comments: