Monday, February 22, 2016

The Splendid Sampler -- Lots of Love

I am so tickled with The Splendid Sampler block three -- Lots of Love!  Thanks, Melissa Corry, for a great block!


These hearts were very tiny with lots of little pieces.  Several times I wanted to shout "I'm a machine quilter, Jim, not a piecer!"  (Star Trek reference).  I wanted to be certain to show my first attempt, though, to show the impact of re-piecing my block.

Look, icky points:


I was able to fix those points by carefully measuring, carefully trimming each section after piecing, and pinning carefully.

If you want to see other beautiful Lots of Love blocks, click HERE and scroll down.

1 comment:

Melissa Corry said...

Your block looks awesome!!! Great job and I laughed at loud at the Star Trek reference. Love it!!!