Wednesday, May 03, 2017

MAIL CALL: The letter "S"

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.  I had an idea to send some love through the mail in the form of fabric postcards.  I enlisted my husband to help with this project since we are both rather fond of the intended.

So, here's what I did:

I printed out the alphabet in my desired font.

I traced the letter "S" on Steam a Seam 2 and some black and white scrap fabric.  Then I fused it to some green leftover from another project.  I added some Tearaway Stabilizer behind the fabric, threaded my handy-dandy Handi Quilter Stitch 210 machine with Lime Green FabuLux in the needle and Sage Green DecoBob in the bobbin.

I started stitching down the letter "S" using a blanket stitch (set at 5.0 width and 2.0 stitch length):


I tore away the stabilizer and fused some scrap backing fabric, Peltex, and my top fabric together.  Then I trimmed the card to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

I threaded my Stitch 210 with FabuLux Cloudy Skies and a DecoBob bobbin and set my machine for zig-zag (set at 5.0 width and .5 stitch length) and stitched around the edge of the card:


It was a quick project!


Someone (cough*Grandpa*cough) wrote a silly sentence of "S" words and we packaged our gifts into a clear mailing envelope.  

Which letter should we make next?


2 comments:

Crystal_235 said...

Sounds like fun mail! Where do you get clear mailing envelopes?

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh that is soooooo cute. Where did you put the words? On the back of the card? Very good idea. I think you were up to a lot of good!