Thursday, June 14, 2018

A Splendid Sampler Sequel -- block 1

I am thoroughly honored to be a part of The Splendid Sampler 2!  The book is available for pre-order, but Pat and Jane are releasing a block every week up until the release.  The first block is Quilt Market by Alex Veronelli.

I borrowed Kitty Wilkin's block to show how I would quilt it.



I had to quilt this block with ribbon candy because, in my not-so-humble opinion, it is the world's most perfect machine quilting pattern.  Too much ribbon candy, however, can be a bad thing.  This block divides itself into sections of three strips.  I alternated quilting ribbon candy in one strip and lines in the next one throughout the block so the quilting didn't become muddled.

Are you following along with The Splendid Sampler 2?  What fabrics will you use to make this quilt?

No comments: