Saturday, June 09, 2018

Scrap Quilt Saturday -- Sweet Tooth

I finished my Sweet Tooth Cutie Quilt!


Just look at the texture the ribbon candy quilting adds to the quilt!

After the machine quilting comes the binding.  This was a most-hated chore for me before two things.

1.  My Binding Baby:


2.  Learning to bind by machine:


This quilt is done, it was all made with scraps from my sewing room, and my sewing room doesn't look any emptier.  I have to make another scrap quilt from my 1 1/2" scrap bucket.  Any suggestions?

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

AWESOME scrap quilt!! Binding by machine works great when you remember to sew it to the back and flip to the front. Not so much the other way around. Ask me how I know that?! LOL

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

I just finished a quilt based on a childhood story for our guild challenge (Alice in Wonderland for me!) I did the binding completely by machine following a method learned from Julie Cefalu. I stitched the binding to the front as I would have regular binding and then used Roxanne's glue baste it (she used a glue stick) to hold the back in place while I stitched it in the ditch on the front using monofilament thread. I was pleased with the way it turned out, especially since it was my first attempt at machine binding.

I love your binding baby, Debby! It's adorable! I need a few of those!!

Anonymous said...

Your scrap quilt is beautiful! The ribbon candy quilting is a terrific pattern in the background space. I will have to try binding by machine - a couple of helpful hints in the comments here.

Melly Testa said...

That is lovely, Debby.

Unknown said...

Love your videos! Where can I purchase the ribbon candy stencil?

Instant Embroidery & Promotions said...

Really nice post,thanks for your postembroidery near calgary alberta
T-shirt printing Calgary Alberta