Thursday, May 23, 2019

Love Me, Love My Platypus

I have a new friend and his name is Professor Platypus.  He is a Professor of Chemistry, Physics, and other fun subjects!


I bought the pattern the last time I was in Australia teaching at the Australasian Quilt Convention.  Finally, the pattern was properly ripened and ready to be stitched.

I love Northcott's Big Bang fabric line so much that I made a quilt from it, filmed a class using it, and made an apron from it.  I even have plans to make a dress from it.  The next project was the PLATYPUS!

This won't be my only platypus so I grabbed my Elmer's Tape Runner and taped the pattern to cardstock:


I'm a frugal person so I was able to use less cardstock by being fussy with the pattern placement:


I cut out the cardstock pattern with my non-fabric scissors:


Traced it on fabric,  pieced it, stuffed it...


And loved it!


If loving this platypus is wrong, I don't want to be right.

I'm not sure which animal I need to make next, but I promise there will be more animal friends in my future.

No comments: