Monday, May 20, 2019

FQE Part 5

This week I finished the hand applique on my little experiment:


I pulled out some Fossil Fern Peridot fabricLori Holt's Bloom templates, and a spool of InvisiFil Pastel Green thread and added some leaves to the outer yellow berries.

Since this quilt wasn't planned and I didn't measure and center everything, I had some unevenness to work through.  I might try away some edges of the quilt to even things up after quilting, but then again I might not.

I do believe that I am done with this quilt top.  Unless someone has an idea so great as to change my mind, the mystery will continue next week as I start to machine quilt this piece.  This quilt is either going to be beautiful or be used to wash the car; only time will tell.

___
Fat Quarter Experiment
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4


1 comment:

Pamela Arbour said...

That really turned out. I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe you could make a table quilt with it by adding a little something on all sides to make it a little bigger? You've got something special there.