Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Funny-looking birds

I looked out my front door this morning and found a funny-looking bird in my tree:



After six years in this house, we're finally getting rid of the scariest of our trees. Scary as in "will fall on the house and destroy all within," not "spooky" scary like this:



(but this tree is gone now, too). See?:


Being the proud owner of a 21-year-old and a 17-year-old, I've deluded myself into thinking that my industrious children will turn this (and all the other downed trees) into firewood:



We'll see how that goes.
In case you were wondering, these make a lot of noise:


__________
Quilt Progress: I pieced the blocks for a third TQTSNBP. I also cut through some of my scrap basket fabric. I think someone sneaks in my house at night and adds scrap fabric to the pile. Does this happen to anyone else?

No comments: