Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Not a big fan of change

My son is home from college which means our family milk consumption has increased by a factor of 10. I bought milk 3 days ago. It looked just like this:



Today I bought milk again, but it looked like this:



Was the change necessary? Did all milk jugs change, or just the ones at SAMs? Does it remind anyone else of an elementary school-sized bottle of Elmer's Glue?
__________

Caffeine withdrawal update: Better, but I'd still run most people down for a Diet Dr. Pepper. Maybe tomorrow will be better? My family truly hopes so.
__________

Quilting progress: I quilted a simple sample to add to my teaching kit. I will post pictures after it's been bound.

3 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Our planned change is to switch to powdered milk - I forgot to buy a box last night. (I drank it as a kid - if you make it far enough in advance it is o.k., as in overnight - if you regularly drank skim to begin with.)

The Calico Cat said...

So when you cook with powdered - do you reconstitute it first? Do you give it time to become milk?

Yes, I'll see you in Hershey!

Sherry said...

I just saw a story on the new milk jugs on the news this morning. The milk companies are saving money so sooner or later everyone will be purchasing the same type of "new" jugs. The trick to pouring is to just "tip" the bottle, not pick it up.

If it fits into the fridge easier I guess it will be ok. . .but, as with anything, it all comes down to dollars at the bottom line.