Monday, February 20, 2012

Design Wall Monday

Did you see the red and white quilt exhibit in New York City last year? I did not and I am still very sad about that.

I have one of the greatest jobs ever: I get to travel to different quilt shops and quilt shows all over North America. My travel season is from March until November, so I am packing my bags. Every year I tell myself I am going to make a memory quilt with fabric from each place I visit and each year I neglect to get organized and actually do it.

Not so this year! I am making a red and white quilt with fabric from each place I visit. I have already visited Sew Inspired in Simsbury, CT. If you have not yet been to their store, you must plan a trip soon!

I bought a lot of things at the shop, but I bought a fat quarter of red fabric and a fat quarter of white fabric. I made these two blocks:


Each block is labeled with the shop name and location:





I always remember to buy fabric wherever I go, but I hope I remember to specifically buy red and white fabrics at each shop and show so I have a great 2012 memory quilt!

Head on over to Judy's blog to see what everyone else is doing.

4 comments:

Diane said...

I am sad that I didn't see the red and white exhibit too!
Your quilt idea is terrific!

Unknown said...

The Red and White show was terrific, sorry you missed it. Your red and white memory quilt is a great idea! Looking forward to seeing it come together this year. happy travels!

Bonnie said...

What a great idea! I love red and white but I'm not starting anything new until... er, well, I guess I am starting something new soon but beyond that I'm not starting anything new for a while. I need to finish a few things, ya think? LOL

Jessim said...

A red and white quilt (one fabric only for each color) is our quilt guild's challenge for the year. I was wondering if the challenge was not having a red/pink quilt when you finished...

Your blocks are lovely, and I love the idea of including where the fabric was purchased.