Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A gift and a finish!

In January, I went away for a quilting weekend with my girls. As always, we ate, quilted, and laughed a lot. I love spending time with my quilting girls!

One of my friends, Isobel, made me a yummy quilted bag:


Tiffany blue!

Isobel probably has the highest level of technical sewing skills of anyone I know. The fact that she used those skills to bless me with this bag humbles me.

As I was looking at the bag, I kept thinking it looked familiar. She showed me the pattern and I realized that I own that one (Amanda's Purse).

After the retreat, I went to my box of patterns and it was not there. So I looked on my shelf of patterns and it was not there. Then I looked on my cutting table. And my bookcase. And every other surface in my sewing room. Nothing. Days later I was in a box checking out some half-done project and I found the pattern. Why it was there I do not know, but it is so exciting to find something that is lost!

I pulled out some lovely limey scraps from my stash and pieced up this purse. I decided to show my Sweet Sixteen some love, so I quilted the purse on my baby.


If you quilt your quilts by pushing fabric through a machine, you need Machingers Quilting Gloves. Yes, you really do!

I decided that lime green fabrics deserved some whacky quilting:


After installing a zipper, discovering that the zipper was broken, and then un-installing the zipper, I finally finished the purse (serious amounts of time elapsed):


I have different applique projects in my two lovely bags. I will think of my darling Isobel every time I touch either one.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

HEy Debbie -- could you come find my X Block ruler? I've been looking for it and haven't found it yet. How long do we look before we call it quits? Sigh.

Your purse is very cute... love the blue and the green. neat. hum, somewhere I have a purse with pattern and zipper to make... hum... something else to work on!

Amagesoft said...

while going to a weeding ceremony its much difficult to choose the best gift in affordable prices. as the best gift which we can give is tiffany blue gift bags . These are affordable and easily available.we can buy such bags online easily.

Amagesoft said...
This comment has been removed by the author.