Thursday, February 16, 2012

Some days I really love my job

When I am not working at quilt shows or quilt shops, I am home quilting for customers. Some of my favorite customers/friends are the folks at Pinwheels. Have you seen them? You probably have. I am blown away by the number of quilt shows they vend at every year! They import Daiwabo fabrics and I get to touch them all. Be jealous! (I also own a bunch of them, but don't tell my husband.)

I just finished quilting a sample for them to take to the quilt show in Hampton, VA next week. Look for them there.

Just so I won't be accused of being a tease, here is a photo (used with permission) of the latest sample. The fabrics are so gorgeous you won't be able to resist when you see them in person:



For those of you who use Daiwabo fabrics or quilt for customers who do, consider using Quilter's Choice thread. They make so many different colors and some of them blend perfectly with taupe fabrics. I used 3025 Polished Pewter and 3019 Wicker Basket in this quilt.

I just put another customer quilt on the frame. The style is completely different and it's gorgeous too. I love my job!

4 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Are you going to Mid-Atlantic? (I am.) & I already told Maria to bring Shott Cottons. :o)

QuilterMary said...

VERY jealous! I love those fabrics.

Kim said...

Yummy!

We gotta finish ours :0)

Happy Sewing

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Another pretty one! You're really lucky loving Your job. I'll have to check that shop out! :) Have fun in VA, wish I could go! (sent You and email with links)