Monday, February 27, 2012

Design Wall Monday

A bug is running through the internet quilting community. Have you caught it? I have.

It is the Dresden Plate bug. I caught it from The Old Red Barn Flickr group. Deb from Works in Progress has a great tutorial on how to make these blocks. If you check the date of the tutorial, you will see that this bug took several months to incubate. Now that it has caught me, though, I have a very serious case and may never recover:



Is that cute or what? I am just auditioning the 4-patch center; it may be replaced with a solid circle eventually.

Head on over to Judy's blog to see what everyone else is doing.

6 comments:

~Kris~ said...

I love the 4 patch center. I have not seen one before and I think it is very creative. Keep it!

marcella said...

So cute and I really love the pieced center. It looks great!

Kim said...

I like the look of this block so much better when it is like yours nice and scrappy and not too "cute".
I also like the 4 patch center.
Hand or machine?

Happy sewing

Maya said...

Looks great!

Quilter Kathy said...

Is there medication to prevent me from catching that bug!?

Unknown said...

Love what you did with the center! Can't wait to see what you quilt will look like. And as for the center - so many possibilities!