Friday, February 08, 2013

Gifts! Dinner Napkins

I buy very few items that are meant to be thrown away:  paper towels, paper napkins, etc.  I made this decision years ago partly because it was good for the planet and partly because we were rather poor.

I remembered that I had received some pretty dinner napkins for wedding presents and pulled them out to (gasp!) use.  I have received other napkins for gifts since then and also began making my own dinner napkins.

When my son and daughter-in-law lived with us, I apparently passed this along to them.  Now they only use cloth napkins in their home.


I made my daughter-in-law these pretty dinner napkins for Christmas because, well, you can never have enough pretty dinner napkins!

I bought the fabric at Sew Inspired in Simsbury, CT when I taught there last year.

1 comment:

grendelskin said...

Those are really pretty! Love the wide borders - care to share your technique?