Friday, February 01, 2013

Gifts! A purse (or two)

Do you have or have you seen the Claire handbag pattern?  If not, go and buy it now!!!

I made two of these bags for Christmas presents, one for my sister, and one for my sister-in-law:


The pattern is incredibly well written!  It uses 7 fat quarters, some fusible batting, and some fusible interfacing.  No expensive or hard-to-find zippers or fasteners.

My sister-in-law switched to this as her new purse the day after Christmas.  She loved the pockets and only had one complaint -- I didn't make her a matching wallet. I will have to get out my Wonder Wallet pattern.  Lazy Girls to the rescue!



1 comment:

Lazy Girl said...

Debby, Your Claire Handbag is fantastic! I love the fabrics you used and their placement. The bag looks great. Wonderful job, and the Wonder Wallet will be a perfect accessory for Claire. Nice!

Joan Hawley
Lazy Girl Designs