Monday, October 24, 2016

New Cutie Pattern -- Summer's End!

I try not to play favorites, really I do, but this is one of my favorite Cutie Patterns.  I am tickled to introduce Summer's End:


This quilt is 80"x92"and will eventually live on my bed; it needs to travel a bit first, though.  I used Victoria Findlay Wolfe's Mostly Manor fabrics because they are happy and bright.  I had been saving these fabrics for something special and I think they've found the perfect home in this quilt.

I really, really wanted the star points to stand out on this quilt.  I left them unquilted so that the batting would puff them up.  I also quilted diamonds into the sashing to emphasize and elongate the star points.


I wrote a short tutorial about how I marked the white fabric to quilt this sashing.

I'm already hard at work making another copy of this quilt with some April Cornell fabric.  Stay tuned for more photos!

No comments: