Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Quilt Retreat Finishes

I was away on quilt retreat at Sturbridge Quilting and Sewing Center last weekend and it. Was. FABULOUS!!!  I had fun with my friends, stitched like the wind, and never wanted to come home!

My theme for this weekend was "Baby Quilts."  I brought along many baby quilt kits, but was only able to complete three of them during my weekend.

I made Jack's Star using Clothworks Safari Sweet 2 fabrics:

I plan to keep this quilt in the family since it is named after my father Jack.

I found a kit I purchased at Patchwork Plus in Dayton, VA years ago.  A brief search online dated this fabric at 2012, but I thought it was much older.  This is Karma Baby fabric by Mint Blossom from Northcott:


The last quilt I finished was a kit I purchased at Quilters Attic in Pinebush, NY about 15 years ago.  The pattern is Lucky Stars:


I have at least 10 more baby quilt kits, so I think I need to schedule a month of quilt retreat to get them all finished.  Who wants to quilt along with me?

2 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh Debby, I took a no-waste flying geese class at the Quilter's Attic in Pine Bush, New York about 15 years ago. I wanted my quilt to be bigger so I went back and purchased more fabric and haven't done a thing since. I hope to finish it this year and will send you a pic! I loved that little shop. The owner and staff were so nice and helpful.

I can't wait to see how you quilt your quilts from this post!

kupton52 said...

I have so many UFO's it's a wonder Mulder & Scully aren't investigating me! In fact, I'm thinking about starting a kit I bought at Patchwork Plus in Dayton, Va a few years ago. I wonder if we were there at the same time? lol