Sunday, September 02, 2018

Let Me Explain

When I was working in the yard yesterday, I slipped off my work gloves and distractedly did a bit of work in the brush without them.  I got some minor scratches, splinters, and nicks on my fingers.  One of my medications leaves me prone to skin infections and I did, in fact, wake up with minor skin infections on various parts of my hands.  They'll be fine by tomorrow, but I declared today as a day of rest from yard work.

I rested horizontally on the sofa, as one does, while looking at my bandaged hands.


I started thinking about the movie, The Graduate:



and my Two Words are "Work.  Gloves."

Suddenly I left the land of The Graduate and was in the Land of Make Believe



But for some reason, Mr. Rogers' eyebrows were made of electrical tape.  I had spent time with him earlier when he and I saved the world by together controlling the robots who fought off the alien invasion:



Fred and I (he asked me to call him Fred) shook some hands, signed some autographs, and took our victory lap.  Then I recorded a radio commercial for him.

I realized that Fred was the original Yoda:



As I was parsing the "It's you I like" Yoda-esque sentence, I was suddenly punched in the eye.

Apparently, while my brain was in the Land of Make Believe, my body relaxed the muscles holding my hand in the air for me to inspect my bandages.  My hand dropped and I punched my own self in the left eye.

If you see me and notice that I have a black eye, blame Mr. Rogers.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

I am glad that I am not the only one that does things like that. LOL

Bad Mr. Rogers!

Kerry said...

Oh dear! You did make me laugh - hopefully with you! Although it could have been worse - your thumbnail might have made a gouge - which is something I've done before now while trying to move my fringe out of my eyes with my hand! Then you ask yourself how on earth did I do that - after the initial howling of course.

Eileen said...

Whatever you are taking, I want some! Dang, Debby!

Juls said...

Oh my goodness! Some days you are the windshield, some days you are the bug! May the next day of yardwork be not so "buggy."