Monday, December 10, 2018

It's That Time of Year

The time of year when I'm done traveling and tell myself "I really shouldn't drink so much soda pop."  Let the great Detox begin!

Here is this year's strategy:

When I was teaching at The Quilter's Studio in Fairfax, VA last week, a student brought me a drink from the restaurant next door -- Red Medicine from First Watch.  It was DELICIOUS!

I'm going to try drinking this when I have an urge to drink Diet Dr. Pepper.



Here's my current mock-up of the restaurant's drink:

2 Harney Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea Bags
4 cups near boiling water
2 T local honey
1/2 cup cranberry juice
2-3 T pomegranate juice

Steep the tea bags in the water and add the honey while mixture is still hot.  When cool, add juices.  Serve over ice.

So far, so good.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Janet Myers said...

Wow, that sounds really yummy. May have to try that. Enjoy your time off.

Kelly Ann said...

Sounds delish

Kerry said...

I rather fancy that recipe - the teabags will have to be an improv job, but thank you for sharing, it looks very tasty!