Monday, May 07, 2012

Design Wall Monday

I am still dreaming of scrap quilts from the class I took with Bonnie Hunter last week. In her book "Adventures with Leaders and Enders," the quilt Rick Rack Nines is calling to me.

My version of Bonnie's quilt:


The changes:
  • I used 2 1/2" strips instead of 2" strips.  My blocks are 6" finished instead of 4 1/2" finished
  • I am not making half-nine-patches.  I am replacing them with background triangles
  • I am not planning on borders
  • My quilt will be 102" x 102"
I think Bonnie will be OK with these changes.

Check out Judy's blog to see what everyone else is doing.

7 comments:

marcella said...

Wow, you have a lot done! I think your version is great and really makes it your quilt.

Unknown said...

What is your trick for organizing scraps??? Enquiring minds want to know!

straythreads said...

Its your quilt you can do whatever you like and I like it!!
Ann

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

I like the fact that you don't stick to the pattern. It makes your quilt unique! You have a lot done already, can't wait to see the rest! :)

Leeanne said...

This is going to be lovely, I'm sure Bonnie will be fine with what you have come up with. You will have some nice open quilting spaces :-)

Diane said...

like the changes you've made it will be a great quilt

Vicki H. said...

looks great and I like the changes too. I am so into borderless quilts and this is perfect for that. Nice job.