Friday, May 04, 2012

Visiting Quiltville

I played hookie yesterday and visited Quiltville, USA.  Bonnie Hunter was in town and my friend Kim and I went to her Cathedral Stars class:


My favorite lawyer, Peggy, was also there:


I have a habit of buying fat quarters here and there, just because the fabric makes me happy.  I had very little time to prep for this class so I simply pulled out my collection of "happy" fabrics, added some black and some white fabrics, and I was ready for class.

I managed to piece one of each block during class today:


Bonnie's books also followed me home:


So many more quilts I want to make now.

I think every day is a great day in Quiltville, USA.  Thanks for a great class Bonnie!


3 comments:

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Nice blocks! Envy you for being there!
Are you coming to the Northern Star Quilt Show tomorrow?

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Debby, I also would like to congratulate you on your nomination of the Liebster Award! You can see the details here: http://katisquilting.blogspot.com/2012/05/good-news.html
Thank you for having such a nice blog and sharing the wonderful work you do!

Big Rig John said...

Love the block! Scrappy is great. What tricks did you use to get the pointy blocks? Templates or a neat piecing trick?