Friday, May 04, 2012

Visiting Quiltville

I played hookie yesterday and visited Quiltville, USA.  Bonnie Hunter was in town and my friend Kim and I went to her Cathedral Stars class:


My favorite lawyer, Peggy, was also there:


I have a habit of buying fat quarters here and there, just because the fabric makes me happy.  I had very little time to prep for this class so I simply pulled out my collection of "happy" fabrics, added some black and some white fabrics, and I was ready for class.

I managed to piece one of each block during class today:


Bonnie's books also followed me home:


So many more quilts I want to make now.

I think every day is a great day in Quiltville, USA.  Thanks for a great class Bonnie!


3 comments:

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Nice blocks! Envy you for being there!
Are you coming to the Northern Star Quilt Show tomorrow?

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Debby, I also would like to congratulate you on your nomination of the Liebster Award! You can see the details here: http://katisquilting.blogspot.com/2012/05/good-news.html
Thank you for having such a nice blog and sharing the wonderful work you do!

Unknown said...

Love the block! Scrappy is great. What tricks did you use to get the pointy blocks? Templates or a neat piecing trick?