Friday, January 19, 2018

Perfect Timing

Last year, I decided to be honest with you about my rare autoimmune disease.  To continue with that honesty, I must admit that I'm having a lousy week.  I had another infusion on Tuesday and since then I've been asleep all but about 8 hours and didn't enjoy those 8 hours at all.  Yesterday was rather awful; I was either unconscious or miserable and weepy.  Then I got a package in the mail and everything changed.

Lucy Fazely is THE BEST!  I first met her when she interviewed me for a magazine article and she's been nothing but kind to me ever since, sending periodic treats through the mail.  I have no idea what I've done to inspire such generosity on her part but her package yesterday was truly heaven-sent.

She made me a tote bag!


I burst out in tears, happy ones, when I saw it.  It took a while for me to notice that the gift didn't end there.

It was FULL of love!


Thank you a million times over, Lucy, for brightening an incredibly dark day.

I hope the darkest days of this round of infusions are over but even if they aren't, love from my quilting friends will carry me through.


12 comments:

Kathyl said...

Awesome bags! And awesome friend! I hope you turn the corner and feel better soon.

Sewforever Quilting by Becky Campbell said...

Sending caring thoughts. The gift is really sweet, she knows you well. Hello Kitty has the power to made you happy. You are courageous.

Unknown said...

What a special gift, from an obviously special person, to a definitely special person. Hope you are feeling better.
Waynna

Eileen said...

So sorry to hear you're not feeling 100%. Take care of yourself and know that you are in good thoughts and prayers. We'll be here when you're feeling better. Wish I could come give you a gentle hug.
Love the gift Ms. Fazely sent. Some shine on a dark day.

Unknown said...

Sure do hope today is a better day, Debbie. Prayers are coming your way from here.

Crystal_235 said...

So sweet!

Cindy Nile said...

What a wonderful surprise! I'm sorry that you are not feeling well this week. I hope that you are feeling better by the time you read this message. Sending positive vibes and quilty love your way.

Pamela Arbour said...

That was so perfect. I would like to thank Lucy as well! I hope your next days are better.

familyquilter said...

You can always count on good friends to lift your spirits! Sending prayers your way.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear, but am grateful that you shared. Your friend Lucy must be quite the gal! Prayers and hugs from a fellow HK and shoe fan. :)

Kerry said...

How lovely. Not the illness, but the gift - perfect present and perfect timing! Hope you are perking up a little more now.

MarshaB said...

Thank you for sharing your illness. I was in one of your classes in Houston when you were so sick, and I never guessed how bad it was. You are an amazing teacher and more importantly an amazing person to deal with your illness with such a positive attitude. So great you received your gifts from your friend and a time that you needed it. Quilters are a wonderful community of people. Prayers and blessings for continued good health.