Monday, January 29, 2018

Sweetness and Bright!

I'm trying something new this year -- starting a project and then staying with it until it is completed.  Weird, right? 

I dove head-first into my bin of 2 1/2" squares and grabbed anything that was bright and cheery.  I took the scraps to the sewing machine when the weather and I were both dark and gray.  I put on my headphones and stitched the gray away:


I asked for help in picking the quilting thread:


I picked pink, by the way:

Then began the fun job of quilting this beauty:


Because you will ask:  It's a Multi Clamshell ruler and a Steady Betty Band.

Want to see how I did the quilting?


After I finished the ridiculously fun machine quilting, it was time to grab my Binding Baby:


This 36"x42" quilt is quilted, bound, and ready to bring some warmth and happiness to a senior in a nursing home:


Come back tomorrow where I plan to post a full tutorial on how to quilt this pumpkin seed design on a Crate Quilt.

Time to find another quilt to finish!  Should I be responsible and finish one already started?  Or should I start something new and exciting?  Or should I delay this decision by working on some postcards?

1 comment:

familyquilter said...

Love how the quilt turned out and your choice of using the pink thread ready made it. Susan