Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dear Isa

Isa, why did I ever doubt you?

When you told me that chick pea gravy could be "lick your plate" good, I scoffed.

It doesn't look like much, but that plate was CLEAN when I was done.

When you told me that TVP & mushroom burgers would become a household favorite and my children's friends would invite themselves to dinner if they smelled them, I chuckled.

Best. veggie. burger. EVER!

But when you told me that Jerk Seitan would have my family fighting over second helpings and the dinner conversation would center on "when will you make this again?" I would have called you a liar to your face.

Not one single drop was left. (The coconut jasmine rice was ah-ma-zing too, just like you said it would be.)

I am now a believer, Isa, and will listen to you from this moment forward.

Note: I try to eat like a vegan about 80% of the time. I try to eat like a vegetarian 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time, I indulge in bacon cheeseburgers. For me, food is not really about a philosophy; I simply feel better when I limit my meat and dairy intake. Oh, and I lose weight too. That is pretty fun.

Monday, December 12, 2011

What a difference a day makes

Where I was yesterday:

Where I am today:

There's no place like home, I guess, but today I'd still rather be in The Bahamas.

Expect more blog posts soon. I'll be spending the next several weeks hovered over my computer keyboard trying to stay warm.