Sunday, August 24, 2014

Hotel Tour of 2014 -- Night 87

Last night in Grand Rapids, there was a party and what a party it was!  It started in my hotel around 11pm and ended at 3:30 am.  My alarm was set for 4:15, but since I was still awake at 3:30, I gave up trying to sleep.  The traveling life is a life of glamour!

I boarded the plane in Grand Rapids at 7am and was asleep long before the 7:30am takeoff.  I woke up when the wheels hit the ground in Minneapolis.  I had to stay awake for about 45 minutes to walk from one gate to another and then board my next flight.  I buckled up and passed out again for most of the flight to Salt Lake City.  That is one of the best travel stories I have ever told!

I got to my hotel around 11am, far too early for any rooms to be ready.  I explored the hotel while I was waiting and found this:


I will confess that "laundry" was on today's to-do list.  On long trips, I pack my own laundry detergent pods:


Let's have a moment of silence for the Roman Raspberry Talenti that gave its life so that the pods would survive the suitcase.

Sigh.

I spent the rest of the day in my hotel room, doing paperwork and answering emails.  I did a little hand sewing and some knitting while watching Netflix.  I invited a friend in for dinner:


Black olives.  MINE!

This hotel in Utah is one of my favorite hotels.  Here is just one reason why:


Six outlets (that you can see) near the desk.  There are two more outlets on the desk lamp.  This hotel has what I want, where I want it, and in plentiful supply, too!

Good night!

2 comments:

iamaquilter2 said...

Hi Debbie,
Enjoyed talking to your regarding the Sweet 16 and the tru-stitch. Hopefully next year at Grand Rapids you could teach a class on quilting on the Sweet 16.

Cyndi Anderson

Bonnie said...

Darn that pizza looks good! What no pic of knitting or stitching? I envy the sleeping on planes although I'm not at all excited about going anywhere right now. Happy travels.