Sunday, August 31, 2014

Hotel Tour of 2014 -- night 93

I had planned to rest from hiking today and walk around Park City instead of doing anything strenuous, but...

Have you seen the hills in Park City?  My husband uses a FitBit and logged in 13,000 steps.  Be assured that they were either going UP or DOWN.  There are no other choices in Park City!

It was a beautiful day and there was a carnival going on in the city.  How fun!  We walked around, watching people and poking into stores.

I was so excited when I saw this sign:


A boutique full of cake? I have found my people!!!

I walked into the store and was shocked that there was no cake.  No.  Cake.  NO CAKE?!?!?!?  What is wrong with this world?  They sold clothing, if you can believe that.

I stormed out of the no-cake boutique and went to dinner.  The waitress recommended a special table, so we said ok.  Good call on our part:


We felt like honeymooners, just two or three decades late.

I was treated to a pretty pineapple/ginger/basil drink (no-alcohol for me, thanks):


I enjoyed an amazing lamb dish with polenta and veggies (Swiss chard, fennel, ginger, orange, garlic):


I wonder why all fortune cookies don't arrive dipped in chocolate:


This is a small gesture that would change the world.  I am positive!

My fortune:


After dinner, I realized that I still hadn't had cake.  I couldn't find any but consoled myself here:


Yesterday in Moab it was 97*F and sunny.  Today in Park City it was a high of 65*F and breezy.  So glad that this is in my hotel room:


As you can see, I'm suffering.  Please send chocolate cake.

No comments: