Thursday, March 12, 2015

Harsh Reality of Travel

I travel a lot for work.  A Lot.  No, really, I mean A LOT.  Flight days are hard, especially during this last winter.  I'm usually grateful when I land and think "Phew, the hard part is over!" This is not always true.

I get run down from a lot of travel and sadly I'm exposed to a bunch of traveling germs while I'm not my best.  Those two facts collided last week and I caught the plague.  I tried to match the number of empty tissue boxes with the number of empty Talenti containers:


We all agree that Talenti has medicinal qualities, right?

As I tried to ease my suffering, I packed my tissues, cold medicine, bleach wipes, and hand sanitizer and headed to AQS Quilt Week in Lancaster, PA.

As soon as the quilters walked in this morning, I felt better:


I saw some friends and some awesome quilts.

This is my friend Lisa Calle and her awesome award-winning quilt:


By the end of the day, I realized that this quilt show had nearly cured my cold.  I'm still rocking the deep voice and bumping elbows instead of shaking hands, but I feel human again.

Behold:  the restorative powers of a quilt show!

After this quilt show, I will teach at OSQE in Cleveland, Ohio.


Also, there is still time to nominate/vote for your favorite machine quilting teacher here.

Check my calendar to see if we can meet up some time this year.

No comments: