Wednesday, March 18, 2015

In Memory

I am privileged to work with a great pattern company, Quilt Basket Cutie Patterns, and am thrilled to show you my latest pattern:


I will be even more thrilled when I get a nice sunny day to take glamour shots of my quilts!  Oh Spring, where art thou?

This latest pattern is called Jack's Star.  I designed it as a memory quilt for my dad, Jack, who passed late last year.  I have boxes of his plaid shirts and will make memory quilts in this pattern for his grandchildren, but I am not yet ready to cut into them.  While I am waiting to make the memory quilts, I chose to work with Tula Pink's Bumble fabrics.  This pattern and that fabric are such a sweet combination!  And since I love to machine quilt, this pattern allows tons of space for fun quilting!

Have you seen my other patterns?

Squared Away


Going My Way?


Stepping Stones


Any Cutie pattern works with any Cutie pack of fabric.  You can mix and match to make the quilt yours!

Which will you choose?

1 comment:

judabelle said...

I made quilts and pillows for my family members from my Dad's shirts. He passed away last summer, and I gave the items to my family for Christmas. It made the first Christmas without him just a little easier to bear, having a little something to hug, and remember him by. And making them was therapeutic for me, too. Please go ahead and follow through on your plan - you will be glad you did.
- Judy