Monday, March 16, 2015

Quilt of the Week -- Starring Frank!

I have been trying to get to the bottom of things lately, and by things I mean the piles in my sewing room.  I pulled out an old quilt in process.  A very, very old quilt.

I started it for my daughter years and years ago.  I showed it to her now and received the "no thanks" answer.  Her loss!  I'm keeping this one!

Finally, at long last:


The pattern was a free online pattern from Judy Laquidara, but I think she's taken it down in the intervening years.

I love the fabrics in this quilt.  The print is based on the work of Frank Lloyd Wright, the green is a Pepper Cory fabric, the dark blue is a Quiltmaker's Gift fabric, and the white is a P&B.  I have no idea what the light blue is, but it's beautiful, too.

I was tickled to have enough fabric left to make matching pillowcases for my bed.  This quilt is snuggly and warm and has brightened this long, long cold winter in New York!

No comments: