Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Word of the Year

The fabulous Pat Sloan got me thinking about my 2016 Word of the Year when she reminded me that her 2015 Word of the Year was FINISH.  That was a good word, wasn't it?  She comes up with some great ones.  My 2015 Word of the Year was UNSUBSCRIBE.  I did a lot of unsubscribing last year and I'm happier for what I've excluded.   This year's word is a continuation of last year's word.  I've chosen:

WHY?

I plan to spend 2016 re-examining everything and asking "why?" about each possession, commitment, relationship, and habit.  If I have a good reason for it, it can stay in my life.  If I don't have a good reason for it, I'll need to make a change.

  • "Why do I need to keep clothes that don't make me feel fabulous?" 
    •  I don't; they are being given away.
  • "Why do I need to attend a community meeting that I don't add any value to and that doesn't make me happy?" 
    • I don't; I've let them know I'll no longer be involved.
  • "Why am I living with a dodgy phone charging cord when it makes my life miserable?"  
    • I don't; I'm ordering a new one.
  • "Why do I look at my phone first thing in the morning?" 
    • That is a more difficult why and I'm still working on it.
  • "Why would I want to go to the Tokyo Quilt Festival in January?"  
    • Why not?????

What is your 2016 Word of the Year?  And why did you choose it?

1 comment:

sunny said...

Great word! Mine hasn't spoken to me yet, but it might be Simplify or something very similar. Happy New Year!